Can You Add Klaviyo To Shopify?
The short answer is yes, you can. In this guide, let’s take a look at how you link Klaviyo to your Shopify store to increase your overall email marketing conversion rate.
Shopify has become a favoured platform for all e-commerce (online) store owners looking to sell their products to the masses. There is no disputing that the tools that Shopify includes for their users are nothing short of spectacular.
Along with all the other marketing features accessible on Shopify, there are many email marketing integrations that can be implemented onto your website to improve the backend performance of your business.
Klaviyo is the most prominently used when businesses choose email marketing with Shopify as this third-party application can be installed with ease on Shopify. However, if you’re unsure - we here at Magnet Monster are going to show you how to add Klaviyo to Shopify today so that you can enjoy the best results when gathering customer email addresses and phone numbers!
Can You Add Klaviyo To Shopify?
In relation to ‘can you add Klaviyo to Shopify’, the short answer is yes, you can. Klaviyo is an extremely popular integration that companies use through Shopify to increase backend email marketing revenue in order to increase the overall conversion rate.
In fact, Shopify welcomes third-party integrations for its users as they believe that adding revenue streams through the marketing platform will encourage more businesses to use their CMS to set up a business store.
Although they encourage third-party applications and integrations, they are careful in which services they trust - as this could also damage Shopify’s reputation if they’re recommending real-time integrations that don’t work.
However, if email marketing is a stream of income you would like to act on - Klaviyo is certainly your best bet. Let’s take a look at how you link Klaviyo to your Shopify store to take your email marketing to the next level.
DON'T MISS: Know what's wrong with your Klaviyo account or how to enhance its performance? Get a FREE Klaviyo Health Audit worth $3,000
How To Add Klaviyo as a Shopify Integration
Integrating Klaviyo as an email marketing tool for all of your email marketing campaigns and flows in the upcoming years as a company will drastically increase the revenue of your backend - if done correctly. Thus, here we’re going to show you step-by-step how to add Klaviyo as a Shopify integration:
- Firstly, if you’re not already signed up for Klaviyo, you will need to complete the necessary steps.
- Once you’re in Klaviyo, go to your account name in the bottom left, click ‘Integrations’ and search for ‘Shopify’.
- Click ‘Add Integrations’ once you’ve found Shopify and then copy and paste the URL of your Shopify store into the ‘Store URL’ section.
- After this, you will configure onsite tracking by syncing your Shopify data to your Klaviyo dashboard.
- For email and SMS marketing, you must check a list to add email subscribers to - email marketing e.g. Newsletter and SMS marketing e.g. SMS subscribers.
- After this section is completed, there will be another section where you’ll sync ‘all profiles’, ‘email subscription status’ and ‘SMS subscription status’ if SMS marketing is part of your marketing strategy.
- When this is completed, you will press ‘Connect to Shopify’ and once you’re in Shopify, you will click ‘Install App’ and all data will be transferred onto your Klaviyo account.
You will now have access to Klaviyo through your Shopify store and now be able to understand where your sales are coming from - whether that be through Klaviyo (email marketing backend) or front-end website sales.
Knowing where your revenue is coming from allows you to analyse your business in a way that helps you assess where you’re going right and wrong. If you’re seeing success in one area, doubling down on their actions is necessary.
Yet, if you’re seeing a poor performance in another area, it may be worth diving deeper into why this is happening and how you can fix it so that you’re making equal income across the board.
Why is Onsite Tracking Important?
With regards to why onsite tracking is important, this feature will assist you in segmenting your subscribers during their customer journey - meaning that you will see every person who visits and engages with your website, which is essential for tracking performance through engaged customer profiles.
If you made it through the steps provided in the previous section, you would’ve had the option to enable onsite tracking on the Klaviyo app. Completing this for your product(s) as a Shopify admin for your store will allow you to track the performance of each product in the backend of your website.
Without analysis of your products, you will never know what is worth continuing from a marketing perspective. If you’re a new business looking to sell its products, optimising your marketing consistently is one of the most vital facets to finding the key to your target audience.
Without testing, you become one-dimensional and for the majority of businesses that have found success through email marketing - they’ve never hit a jackpot on their first campaign or email flow.
Benefits of Adding Klaviyo to Your Shopify Store
If you’re in the realm of e-commerce marketing, you will know that the competition is becoming difficult to compete against - especially if you don’t have the right structure and tactics in place. The digital marketing space is growing at a rapid rate and marketers are becoming more aware of what it takes to compete in the modern marketplace.
However, there are still thousands of businesses out there missing out on the opportunity to use Klaviyo as integration to their store. Yet, what are the key benefits of adding Klaviyo to your Shopify store? Let’s take a look here.
Automation Over Manual Analysis
Rather than manually assessing all of your email marketing performance annually, you will now have an email automation system that shows you everything you need to perform at the highest level. With an analytics dashboard and performance statistics, you can optimise your strategy around this email marketing software’s readings.
Advanced Automation With Advertising
If you use Facebook ads, TikTok ads, Instagram ads, etc to market your product - Klaviyo makes it possible to segment your contacts into users that have chosen to use email marketing as their purchase. Thus, if they used a discount code, welcome series email, etc to buy your product - Klaviyo will automatically identify this as an email marketing sale.
If you’re using Klaviyo email marketing, you will know that the price increases based on the number of subscribers you have. This means that the price will go up depending on your performance as a business.
However, the ROI (return on investment) is known to be incredible in comparison to the price you have to pay for your email list - so, it is certainly an advantageous investment for all Shopify store owners.
Enjoyed this article? Follow me on Twitter or LinkedIn. I’m trying to post more often and drop knowledge on there. Besides, don't forget to join 2,000+ hungry D2C enthusiasts who lap up our weekly insider insights on eCommerce email marketing.
Related Reads Handpicked For You
If you enjoyed this Klaviyo guide, we're pretty sure you'd enjoy the other parts in this series:
- How Does Klaviyo Work? A Guide For Your eCommerce Business
- How to create a Date-Based Property Flow in Klaviyo
- How to create a Net Promoter Score Flow in Klaviyo
- How to create a Segmentation strategy in Klaviyo
- How to create an epic Post-Purchase Flow in Klaviyo
- How to Implement Qualitative Research in Klaviyo
- How to use Klaviyo's Predictive Analytics
- How to Use Klaviyo: Learn the 5 Big Mistakes to Avoid
- Data series: Part 2: How to use Shopify to feed your email/SMS strategy
- Try Now, Buy Later Ecommerce Software Shopify Plus
- Choosing the Best Digital Marketing Course for Email Marketing Specialists in the Klaviyo-Shopify Ecosystem
further in depth reading
This is a collection of articles that will provide you with more information about our FREE email marketing course.